Wednesday, December 20, 2006

12 Hours To Go

Well we leave the house at 9:30 tomorrow to go to SFO (then to Miami to Santiago to Puerto Montt to Punta Arenas - woosh). It was a frantic day of packing and cleaning and getting everything ready. I think we are set.

Dave reviewed my packing since my back-pack was bigger than his. After only a small fight over how many running outfits I actually needed to bring, I managed to pair down to the basics I think. So please excuse the photos where it looks like I am wearing the same thing everyday, I probably am......

Warmth is my priority (not style) for our first 10 days in Southern Chile. The weather forecast for Punta Arenas & Puerto Natales is 40's to 60's. Rain, wind, sun, hail, are all expected - a pretty typical summer down there from what I have read.

We decided to dedicate the trip to my Dad. He died when he was 32, which is how old I am now. Pretty scary fact, but it makes me even more glad that we decided to take this trip. You just never know.

4 comments:

Erin said...

Have an amazing time on this trip!! We can't wait to read along as you travel & hear all about it.

:-)
Erin and Kevin

Unknown said...

AMIE!!!!!!! Call me before you leave tomorrow (not that you won't have a KAJILLION other things to do. I HAVE TO TALK TO YOU!!!!! Also, HAVE SO MUCH FUN YOU MASSIVE BEASTS! xoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxo

P.S. It's Diddy's 21st birthday right now-- remember our 21st's? It seems like for-evuh ago! I told her to not succomb to peer pressure and drink plenty of water. Dave, I know you are thoroughly disgusted by me after reading this, but she is my baby sister after all. OK, it's late, need to go to bed before Reid wakes up! xoxoxxox again

ed said...

Where exactly is south america? I'm thinking it's somewhere south of here?

JamesWalterParker said...

Have a great time!! I want a picture of you with a Gaucho.