Saturday, December 29, 2007

SLC - December 19th to 25th

Three fantastic days of skiiing!!!!!!!! That is all there is to say. I did my best to try and forget about work. I have learned an important lesson, don't check your Blackberry on vacation. It causes nothing but anxiety.......stupid work. Thank god I got my bonus before I left. I was about 5 minutes from quitting.

Day One -- was REALLY cold. We skied with Dave's coworker Alex and his friend Alicia. Despite the fact that it was a balmy 10 degrees at Snowbird, we had a great time. There was about 10 inches of new snow, which Snowbird really needed. I tried out my new skis and boots, thank you E-bay. My new balvaca and boot warmers also came in very handy.

Day Two -- Skied with Dave's dad and had a great day. Snow was fresh and it was a bit warmer. However, having fresh snow means that it was snowing all day while we skied. I had the worst fall ever in the powder. I did the ass over head manuver, thank god for all that yoga I do. I lost both my skis in the powder and it took me five minutes of searching through the waste deep powder to find my skiis, fun. That night we went out to Bambara in SLC at the Hotel Monaco. GREAT DINNER! We are so going there again.

Day Three Christmas Eve -- We did a half day of sking and tore ourselves away for dinner at Dave's mom's house. Dave gave the nephews black tricycles with red flames. Hilarous.

No comments: