Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Running Kiddos

Yesterday I volunteered with the Serpentine Running Club at a kids cross county meet at Regent Park. It was a slightly cold but very sunny day, perfect for running. The race was all ages from 7 years to 13 years, boys and girls, divided into age groups. The younger kids did 1.5K and the older ones did 4K. FYI - a 13 year old girl won the whole thing by 10 seconds. Sorry no photos, I was worried people would think I was a perv taking pictures of their kids. Perhaps I was being paranoid, I am not sure what those rules are.

I cheered my heart out, as a typical American would - as you all know the Brits are a bit reserved. The kids were just so awesome, which is a word I need to stop using because it also labels me as "American" - as if my accent doesn't do so first. I had so much fun, and it was nice to do something outside of the Dave-and-Amie-circle. Everyone was so nice and the kids and parents kept thanking us for being out there, in truth - I really enjoyed it as much as they did.

I will participate in more Serpentine events. Beginning with a group morning run on Saturday before our awesome (there's that word again) lunch at the River Cafe - thanks R.C. for the recommendation!

No comments: