Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Weekend with the Boys - This is going to leave a mark.....

J.S. and J.M. arrived in London on Thursday, and our weekend started then with catching up, dinner, and drinks out.  For those who don’t know, we partied down with J.M.’s wife in Madrid a few weeks ago.

Look at the cute gay couple, oh wait......

On Friday we lunched at Borough Market and wandered the city since it was a very nice day. Stupidly, we ended up over near the Christmas Nightmare that is Harrods in December. Eight million frantic, foaming at the mouth shoppers – kill me now. We actually braved the crowds, went into Harrods, and tried to visit the infamous Green Man Pub in the basement. BUT IT WAS CLOSED, tragedy. We managed to find another pub instead and ended up having dinner with J.C. and R.C. at Barrica.

Borough Market - if I could hug you and your delish items, I would.

Playing tourist.

At the pub, 2 champagnes into the day for me. I am crazy.

Saturday was a long day for the boys. We all went to a West Ham football game in the afternoon. Then I ditched them so they could attend a Cathedral (heavy metal not church) concert in the evening. After the concert, I got reports of an unsuccessful attempt at clubbing. The boys were NOT dressed appropriately for clubbing having just been to a Cathedral concert. Therefore, they were denied at the door. Douches.

Good start to the day at the bar.

Pre-game at the bar at West Ham.


Jeff loves that crap music.


On Sunday J.S. left and we accompanied J.S. on a quick overnight trip to Amsterdam. The weather held out generally, and while cold, it was a nice trip. Though J.M.’s nickname at our house is “peer-pressure-J.M.”, we were generally very well behaved.  We ate well, shopped, relaxed, got massages, and drank what was probably too much champagne – if that is possible. We stayed at the Hotel View, which was nice but I like The Collector better (despite its distance from the city center). Man the shopping in Amsterdam is the coolest – not the main street or the malls, but all the side boutiques and tiny shoe stores.


Spoiling ourselves at dinner.

My hunkie dates for Amdam.

We are lying low this week and recovering from the weekend for sure. In other news, this is my last week of German class. I still feel like a five-year-old child in there. I am flummoxed and normally speechless, but I am definitely starting up again in 2012. I have verb conjugation down (well, in the present tense). I will be doing lots and lots of vocabulary flash cards and exercises over the next few weeks……again, feeling like a child.

Love and miss everyone so freaking much. I am especially sad to be missing all the xmas parties this year, boo hooo! Have a drink for us and we'll do the same here. xoxoxo

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Not this guy couple shit again. Fun time y'all, fun time.