Monday, January 16, 2012

We're Joining the Circus

OK maybe not, but we practice. We saw a brilliant vaudevillian/cabaret circus (LaSoiree) a few weeks ago, Olympic gymnastics prelims on Friday, then the Cirque Du Soleil's Totem on Sunday at Royal Albert Hall. It was all inspiring, and led to a lot of me lifting Dave up on my feet and such in our tiny living room. A very scary proposition to anyone that knows of my complete lack of grace and skill at practically anything I do. All the home acrobatics ended abruptly with a dramatic fall in the bedroom, on the very hard tile floor while demonstrating my yoga arabesque (aka. dancer pose). Ouch, bruise pictures to follow.

Lesson learned: Do not show off circus tricks while wearing Nepali slippers on a cold tile floor, after drinking champers (yes we ended up at the Library Bar yet again). I am a dumbass.


O2 arena, yes we had shit seats.

Yes you can get a beer pretty much anywhere in London.

Makes me think of all the Mexican food to eat in SF next week.

Royal Albert Hall, my favorite venue ever.

Champers at the Library Bar, we most stop meeting like this.

The bar's tower of snack power, I want one for my house.

Prior to my crippling gymnastic routine, we did a kick-ass 17 (woah) mile ride around Clapham and Putney. We just took off with a general destination in mind (Richmond Park) and rode around, not actually making it to Richmond Park..... It was cold but SUNNY, and overall a great time. We have to begin preparations for riding the Camino De Santiago in May, after all.

You can barely see our not-so-hard-core route on this map here.


This weekend also involved dinner at Hawksmoor Guildhall, which is supposedly the best steak restaurant in London. I am no steak expert, but it was pretty damn good. And then there was the Niner game on Saturday, which we watched from a pub at Victoria with a crapload of other loud Americans.

Other than that, we are preparing for our upcoming trip to the US. Holy crap we leave on Thursday! I am so excited to see my niece I could die.


Stop it with the cuteness!

Send me an email if you want to get together for drinks or dinner. We’ll have a car this time so we can be mobile. I might be lucky enough to talk a friend into lending me a bike so I can do the Tribe ride on Saturday (I am wear a 6.5 shoe if I can borrow)…….email me.  

Otherwise, we are actively planning winter and spring trips. I am obsessed with the cutest hotel ever in Sicily called La Via Delle Biciclette and am trying to plan that trip, but the Alps call to us. Yeah, my life really sucks - I know.

From the paper on Sunday, and poor CA has zero snow!

2 comments:

fred said...

You definitely need to make it to Richmond Park -- it was one of our favourite Sunday hangouts. I've not seen so many deer anywhere else in England as you'll see at the park!

FinnyKnits said...

Yes, we will see you when you're in town.

Though bringing up the shit situation in Tahoe is just sad.

Um, also, are you planning a return trip to the AT Alps or another range?

It's amazing that I still like you with that kind of talk.