Thursday, March 15, 2012

Quiet Days

We have really settled in over here, I think. Routines are established and I am finding that I have pockets of free time to fill. What to do: Master's degree in some sort of energy-related field, MBA, drink tea, more language classes, more volunteering at Battersea Dogs and Cats Home, nap a lot, get another part-time job, train for an Ironman....... It is so weird to have the luxury of this "time", having worked full time (except for that 6 week break a few years ago when we went to South America) from the day I graduated college. Even during college, I worked way more than part time at the good old E-bar. I am not sure what to do with myself, be productive or just eff around. Tough call.

While I am deciding the fate of my current existence, we are planning some great trips. We have Hampshire, Belgium (Brussels, Bruges, and ?), Prague, and biking the Camino de Santiago in Spain, all coming up in the next 3 moths. I am trying to get a trip to Dubrovnik together for June also, stay tuned. Please send me any suggestions you might have for any of the places I mentioned above!


In my free time lately, I have been thinking about how much I miss my friends. Therefore, I wanted to dedicate this blog (how cheezy of me, but whateva it is my blog - I do what I want) to two close friends, J.S. and J.B. I have known them both since I was 14, and a shiny Midwesterner at a new high school in California. I have two bits of clothing that I brought with me to London that they gave me forever ago. It makes me think of them!

J.S., originally from the London area actually, gave me this scarf years ago. I remember thinking that I LOVED it because it was something I would have never thought to buy for myself. I still have this scarf after what has been at least 10 years, maybe more. I think of J.S. every time I wear it.

I am so fancy in my scarf.


J.B. is a fellow runner, and gave me this awesome running hat probably 12 years ago. It is fleece lined and the warmest thing ever. I love it and also still wear it all the time. It has gotten me through numerous snowstorms and cold morning runs. I think of J.B. whenever I wear that hat.


Thank god for warm hats, and good friends.

No comments: