Friday, April 19, 2013

It's Go Time - Bust out the Advil

Well sort of.

I went to the Expo. I have my number. I have my pace chart. I have a few Cliff Bars for the race. We have raised almost 2000GBP for the Battersea Dogs and Cats Home (but am still a bit short of my goal if you want to help me).

I am ready to go!

My mind is willing but my foot is just......not..... able.......to run. I have an aggravating case of posterior tibial tendonitis, probably from skiing in Zermatt in March, so don't feel too sorry for me.

It is not an injury you want to mess around with though. I swim with a hip and knee surgeon, he told me yesterday that if I ran and tore the tendon it would eff up my knee, hip, and spine. And I would be in for surgery with him in a year or so.

Shit.

But all is definitely not lost everyone. I can walk without any pain at all. I consider this a blessing, especially in light of all the effed up stuff that went on in Boston this week. To not do the race because I don't want to walk 7 or 8 hours is just plain wussy.

Therefore, I am going to finish this effing race if it is the last thing I do. It may take me forever, but that's OK. It's for the dogs, and for Boston, and to say goodbye to the city that has been my rainy home for the last 2 years.

 I will finish!

Plus, I just got a good luck email from the Battersea Dogs and Cats Home with these cute photos attached (see below). And I found out that a greyhound named Shadow that I love, who was at the Battersea for 260 days, JUST GOT ADOPTED by a family in the country. All those donations fund happy homes for dogs, so give if you can.

This is Shy, he will get a new home because of Battersea.

Stop it Clem, you are so cute!!!!!

No comments: