Thursday, April 11, 2013

A Letter to My Poor Abused Feet

Dear Feet,

Though my husband says you are hideous (whatever), I would just like to thank you for carrying my through all those races, long hikes, and uncomfortably stylish high heels. I am lucky to have you sturdy guys as my feet.

Remember that photo on the right? Belize. You were so happy then. We were all love, warmth, flip flops, freedom, and comfort.

So what is up with y'all now, you are ruining my life!

OK calm down, let's be fair. While I must apologize for that brief stint I had with "barefoot running" shoes (left), that was mean, I think I have treated you fairly well. Not too much toenail polish or goopy shit. Lots of time in the jacuzzi on cold nights, lots of thick socks. And just look where we are now.......what happened.

You have caused me a lot of agony over the last 2 years. There was the very nasty and unrelenting plantar fasciitis (TWICE).

Then the blisters - WTF I have been running for like 22 years and NOW blisters. And not just in one spot, I have several of them on each foot. And that is pain you really cannot "run though" without risking lots of blood and nastiness, and I don't want to do that to you/me.

And now posterior tibial tendonitis. Really! And I have been told the cold weather makes is worse by further restricting the blood flow to an area of the food that doesn't get much blood flow anyway. In other words, very slow healing. Great.

I see what you are trying to tell me. You are tired of being cold and running on flat pavement.

Well I am here to tell you that we are moving back to the Bay Area just in time for flip flop season. I would just like to apologize for making you move to London. You have been locked inside of boots since September, and over the last 2 years you have seen very little of your best friends - the flip flops. And I think you got pissed.

But please, be nice to me now. The London Marathon is in just over a week and I can't finish without you guys!

Your feet will again look like this post 12-mile Rancho run......very soon.

If anyone has any advice on posterior tibial tendonitis (taping, treatment, etc.), I'll take it....... Thanks!

5 comments:

FinnyKnits said...

Oh total foot sadness! I don't know how you've managed to forego flipflops for so long, but I bet as soon as you're home and you're flipping and flopping around in the warm sun, those tootsies are going to heal up really nice.

And then you can go back to filthy fun runs at Rancho to get your dirt tan on. So awesome.

sowheau said...

vérifier ma source Fendi Dolabuy visitez ce site ici https://www.dolabuy.su page réplique louis vuitton

Unknown said...

replica bags online shopping india you can try this out r0w28n5x24 replica bags korea view publisher site t6a66y3t66 replica louis vuitton bag replica bags in london v9k34q1c85 replica bags prada fake gucci x0i57s1e27 replica bags manila

teighez said...

x5t52b3v96 e1t34p0n98 f3u69p5u80 y2c58h8g23 p5s23c7g72 r8u92v4y30

tesat said...

j4o76q2t66 c2k71i7b57 v0o13h0d49 n8f75c8c00 q2l12p8u09 i0l64q3e94