Wednesday, May 1, 2013

The Move

Well, the movers have packed up all our crap and left. Wow.

Everyone should have to go through their shit every 2 years. It is amazing how much ridiculous junk you collect, and how cleansing it feels to get rid of all that extra stuff.

As part of plan "get rid of shit", we played “what not to wear” the other night with two of our favorite (and very fashionable) friends. They helped us complete a clothing purge the likes of which have never been seen. It was a bit scary, but soooooo cathartic. Dave still wouldn’t dump the black fleece though, I think he hid it. That guy thinks he is like Steve jobs with the black turtle-necks......

Since we cannot make anything easy, we are taking a less than direct route home from London - including:

  • 3 weeks in Paris in an apartment owned by the nicest dude ever - http://www.vrbo.com/420495
  • One week in Avignon, which is quite possibly the closest place to heaven, staying here - http://www.maisonboussingault.com/
  • A few days in Morris, Illinois to see my family
  • And few days in Tahoe to relax and host the Tahoe Relay post-race BBQ, we have two ladies teams this year - so 14 women and Dave. Lucky man!

I'll be back at work on June 10th, as though the last 2 years didn't even happen - weird. I am hoping to see Sammy that same day. He'll either be stoked or he'll bite me, we'll see what happens. I am so video-ing the reunion. I have been looking forward to it for 2 years.

SO EXCITED to see that face!


I suppose I should be feeling really sad to leave London, but I am OK. It makes it easier that we had an awful winter after a really bad summer, and I am still waiting for spring. Besides, the Bay Area kind of rocks. And I miss hiking in the mountains, farmshare and cooking, my book club, long Saturday bike rides with friends, and of course Sammy. I even miss working and having my awesome coworkers to talk to (since I have worked alone in our basement apartment for the last 2 years in London). 
 
I will really miss all our friends here. However, I have maintained a state of purposeful denial or have been just plain busy lately, that way - I won't start blubbering. It will hit me soon enough, probably when I am wearing mascara because that is how I roll.

Anyway, I'll post some stuff about "living" in Paris. Bring on the butter and duck fat! I am so excited to go to the food markets as a customer and not just as a photo-taking tourist. Our rental apartment has a decent kitchen and a huge terrace so we can dine outside if it is warm enough.

Photos soon!

3 comments:

Jeff said...

Hurry up and get home. The Schroeder's need a party!!!

Anonymous said...

hello there and thank you for your info – I've certainly picked up something new from right here. I did however expertise several technical points using this web site, since I experienced to reload the site lots of times previous to I could get it to load correctly. I had been wondering if your web host is OK? Not that I am complaining, but slow loading instances times will often affect your placement in google and could damage your high quality score if advertising and marketing with Adwords. Anyway I am adding this RSS to my e-mail and can look out for a lot more of your respective intriguing content. Make sure you update this again soon.

my web blog; wholesale oakley sunglasses

FinnyKnits said...

I can't believe it's been two years and also it feels like it's been ten years.

We're super out of this world excited for you guys to come home and then tell us all the minute details of your time in London so that we can hate you jealously forever.

Also - let's ski. xo