Monday, November 7, 2011

A Weekend at HOME!

 OK so I originally typed out a really fantastic blog entry and then my computer crashed. I am too tired to retype so you are all going to get the bullet point abbreviated (non-edited) version:

Friday
  • Opera, crappy $13.00 seats - they were not kidding about the whole "partial view" thing. Still, it was the Royal Opera House for $13.00 so I am just going to say that it was a lovely night and a very cool experience.

Saturday
  • 5 mile time trail/race with the running club, running fast (well fast for me, which wasn't really) hurts - there are no two ways about that. 
  • We had a lovely post-run breakfast at the Lido Cafe in Hyde Park, where we ran into this guy.....

He was talking on his Iphone while his Ipad was resting on his copy of the Steve Jobs biography. I bet there are a dozen of him at Coupa Cafe in Palo Alto.

  • SURPRISE visit from our lovely friend J.S. who is moving to London for a year or two!!!! YAY we have another friend here. So the three of us caught up and bar hopped at Dave's favorite Cask and Kitchen, and my favorite The Orange. We had a lovely French dinner at Le Poule Au Pot, because one can never get too much cassoulet as far as I am concerned.

Sunday
  • We took our sweet bikes out for a nice long ride! This bit of exercise was essential given what came after......
 Dave and I out on our awesome bikes!


  •  That's right, we went to St. John's for a 2:45 leisurely lunch. If you are not familiar with this place, it is somewhat celeb (depending on who you ask) chef Fergus Henderson's restaurant. They specialize in "nose to tail" cooking. The philosophy/premise is that no part of the animal should ever be wasted. I can get behind that, some the cheapest most uncommon cuts are the fattiest and tastiest after all. We started with the bone marrow and parsley salad, which is what Anthony Bourdain said he would have as his last meal if he were on death row. I am not sure it was that good.  




Our first and second courses at St Johns, Dave started with the bone marow and faggot and swede for a main course - not kidding there. I had a salad with eggs and beets and rabbit for my main course. Lovely!


On Thursday, we leave for Madrid to see the beautiful Mrs. K.M. Oh man, I can feel the hang over coming on now but I am very excited for Spain. I am really going to have to woman up to keep up with her and Dave......

By the way, have you all seen this - I almost peed my pants laughing, "is that what I asked you": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeOTo3hqNHA

1 comment:

SanHoNoMo said...

Ok, I need to understand what was on the plate Dave got. Could you possibly label the things he received so my pea brain can figure this out?

Nice bikes. Gonna go hit some sweet jumps later?