Friday, April 27, 2012

And on to Prague


I think after a week of traveling alone in Nice, I have officially gotten over my “fear” of voyaging solo. Whenever I felt a bit isolated, I just went out for a walk or for a beer in the square and almost unfailingly, I would end up meeting and talking to someone. During the trip, I was actually thankful for the time to read a lot, linger in tiny shops, and eat whatever I wanted (as in 3 scoops of gelato for lunch one sunny afternoon). 

My friend in London (the gorgeous Miss K.B.) sent me an email saying she found traveling alone to be "liberating". I wasn’t sure what that really meant at the time, but now I get it.

In any case, I am very excited for 4 days in Prague at my nice hotel. I am no longer worried about being put on display as the poor woman traveling by myself at a restaurant. Instead, I think of what I feel when I see women traveling alone - that they are adventurous, interesting, fearless, badasses. Now I am one of them!

Overall this experience will make me a better travel partner with Dave too.I have been depending on him a bit to much lately for entertainment. Now I have lots of stories to tell him when we see each other on Sunday.

I'll let you all know how Prague goes. xoxox

No comments: