Thursday, April 12, 2012

I Am an Asshole

Well it's true.

Dave is in SF for 3 weeks and I am here in London. So far I have been shopping, volunteering at Battersea, seeing movies (Headhunters - good but a bit disturbing and violent), and going out to dinner  (OMG The 10 Cases for a cute French bartender, wine, grilled octopus, and a salad with British bacon, pork cheeks, and soft egg - delish). I am going to a play tomorrow night. I have a few events scheduled with a friend or two, but with Dave gone - it is a lot of alone time. Hardly a sad life though, let's be realistic here.

When he called today and said he wasn't going to make it to Prague with me in 2 weeks because he has to have eye surgery, I lost it. A crying mess, not a crying mess of the sort particularly out of the ordinary for me, but a real crying mess.

So let's get this straight, I am in Europe traveling like a lucky fiend. My husband calls to say that I have to wait a few more days to see him because he will be under the knife (or laser I suppose) and I have to stay at a nice hotel in Prague all alone, and I feel sorry for myself and cry.

WTF is wrong with me. I am a horrible horrible horrible person.OK I think I also felt bad that I can't be there with him, sad that I have to wait longer for smooches, homesick for my friends, still missing my dog, and feeling guilty that he is there working full time and I am here slacking away working only part time.

In any case, I feel really bad Dave. I am so sorry that I reacted with tears instead of support for you.


No comments: