Thursday, June 30, 2011

There Are No Words

Amazing photo of Sammy J. DingDong courtesy of the lovely Miss Erika Carrillo.


I knew this was going to be the worst part, giving my baby boy of 10 years to Dave's sister and her kids. When we called this morning to arrange a drop-off time, Dave's sister said, "you better bring him over soon or Dex (our nephew) is going to get a hernia he is so excited". The kids have been counting down the days, which makes me feel like Sammy will be so loved.

Plus something tells me Dave's sis and her hubby are a little more lax on the "dogs on furniture rules" than we are, which will make Sam VERY happy since he tends to rub said *rules* in our faces anyway (re: pile of hair on the couch cushion when we come home from work). Plus look at this pic from when Dave dropped him off, come on - so cute:


I'm sure some of you out there think that I am a horrible irresponsible parent, maybe true - but that is a topic unto itself. I am perhaps over-dramatizing a bit, that dog would go home with anyone who offered him a Slim Jim. When we went to South America for 6 weeks, two Canadian strangers came and stayed at our house with him and I think he was disappointed when we returned and they left. Plus, Dave's sis and her hubby are awesome, they hike and camp. Sam will get all the love, walks, and attention he needs!

OK I hope I am done bursting into tears when I think of his little puppy face (for the time being). Salt Lake is beautiful right now and Dave's mom's wedding went off without a hitch. Time for hanging with the nephews, hiking (Mount Olympus), and hopefully some relaxing before the flight on Monday!!!!

1 comment:

SanHoNoMo said...

Sammy will be fine, and you're a fine parent. I'm off to buy SlimJims and a potato sack now.