Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Second Run

I had a nice run through Hyde Park this morning, once I made it through the throngs of tourists in front of Buckingham Palace...... The weather is perfect for running right now, comfortably warm but very overcast. I didn't time myself or really map my route. I am guessing I was in the 5.8 range. After my run, I climbed to the top of The Monument, which is just a few feet from our flat.

My IT band has been giving me hell for weeks, but today all was good. I have been doing my exercises to strengthen my hips and gluteus medius muscle, which are very (strangely) weak. I think they are helping!

I need a good half marathon this Oct/Nov, but races fill here SO FREAKIN FAST. I am in the lottery for the London Marathon in April 2012, but I am not holding my breath that I will get a slot.

I think I might be into getting some sort of a Garmin. All I want is my mileage and pace, no heartrate monitoring or anything fancy like that. I hear Nike makes a decent, smallish unit. Anyone have a recommendation?

We are off to Bath this weekend. I do love Roman ruins, and spas - how convenient that there are both in Bath.

1 comment:

FinnyKnits said...

Look at you running all over the country - fancy bitch.

I love my Garmin Forerunner 405. It does fancy shit (intervals, etc), but also the necessary stuff (pace, distance, splits, etc).