Wednesday, July 6, 2011

First Days

Well after several pints, rain showers, and wrong turns, I think we are getting the hang of things. We "moved in" to our temporary apartment near The Monument, we are here until August. Then, we move over to the permanent place in Pimlico. The temp apartment is super cute and much nicer than I expected, here are some photos:

Living/Dining Room

Wee Little Kitchen (I love it)

My View While Working from Home

Dave and I took the Tube for the first time without making total (I hope) asses of ourselves - I freakin love mass transit! I went for my first morning run today, it rained - shocking. We are working on finding our favorite place for morning coffee and evening pints, getting over our jet-lag, and what not. I must tell you that this map has been a lifesaver -- it is waterproof and small enough to open just a bit to get the info you need. There's no unfolding a giant "I am a tourist" map. I have these Streetwise maps for traveling in all my favorite cities, they rock.

Sorry People for the Streetwise Commercial

I am so excited to be here but miss my friends and my dog (though the frequency of my bursting into tears at the thought of Sammy has lessened). And hopefully we will have lots of friends visit. We just booked a trip to meet KF and LF in Downings Bay, Ireland in August for their anniversary - so there is that to look forward to. We met them in Buenos Aires while they were on their honeymoon too so it only seemed appropriate we meet them again.

I am looking forward to the weekend and more wandering around. A visit to Borough Market is on order for sure (thanks for the tip FB)! I still have to do fun things like get a cell phone and get our bank account squared away. More to come!

1 comment:

Erin L. said...

Nice place! I'm glad you're settling in and sorry we missed each other by just a day in London. It's been raining? It was crazy hot when I was there last weekend. I actually got sunburned walking around town!

Downings Bay--- is that up at the north end of Donegal? Are you flying into Belfast? Want to hear more about your Ireland plans!

Love to both of you. Hope you're having a wonderful time thus far.