Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Back in the USA

The Alaska trip is over. Whoosh, that was a lot of traveling in a short amount of time. Overall I give the trip and the company (Innersea Discoveries) mixed reviews. More on that tomorrow when I feel like writing. Just note that no one ever needs to visit Wrangell, Alaska, do not be fooled by the awesomeness on the website.

For tonight, I am enjoying spoiling myself at the Fairmont SF, watching too much Travel Channel and trashy stuff on E (no TV at our flat in London), and laying low. I did buy a divine pair of skinny black jeans and washed our gross Alaska laundry, I am not entirely idle.

Kick-ass book I just finished and must mention, How To Be a Woman.


I love this woman. I am so going to stalk her when I get back to London.


The book is a HUGE hit in the UK and I just loved it. I laughed out loud (a lot) while reading this one, embarrassing Dave - but that is nothing new, I am often embarrassing. Man it was a welcome read after The Cellist of Serajevo, which was divine but I wanted to kill myself after reading it. WTF, how did I not know a thing about the Siege of Sarajevo. Oh wait 1992 to 1996, I was busy "studying" at UCSB. Good god.

1 comment:

FinnyKnits said...

Firstly - we're so excited to have you back - even for just a little while.

Secondly - yes on the book and its content. I think the only thing I remember about that time related to Sarajevo was the Cranberries squawking about it on their CD.

Yeah, I just said The Cranberries. Enjoy.