Tuesday, August 23, 2011

These Will Make Me Happy This Winter, Maybe


I bought a pair of wellies today. It was raining (shocker) and they made me happy. I am hoping the happiness continues throughout the winter. Something tells me that I will need a lot more than a pair of snappy red wellies to bring me through a cold dark February though. Perhaps a trip to Lanzarote will help. Remind me to schedule that.

In other news, Dave and I are leaving for Alaska tomorrow (then San Francisco, then Chicago for me). I know, ALL the way back to the states....... We are planned the Alaska thing with Dave's parents months ago, before we knew about London. After Alaska, we are going to SF to stay in the city and work, then I am in Chicago for 2 weeks to see the family and my beautiful, newborn niece Lily Maeve. Gaddammit anyway that I have been consistently swimming and just joined the running club. It feels like the last day of vacation - but wait, we get to come back to London. Awesome.

Look out for whale photos.

Oh and hey - if anyone has been skiing in Austria, send me an email or comment about where you went. I have no idea where to go this winter and I didn't exceed the weight baggage limits and carry all my ski crap over here for nothing.