Thursday, February 23, 2012

BRIT Awards

This is the closest to the Grammy's as I will ever get. We randomly got tickets to the Brit Awards the other night, really Dave just bought them last minute on Ticketmaster for like £60. It was completely unexpected. We had uber nose-bleed seats, but whatever. The show was a live broadcast with live performances by Coldplay, Adele, Florence and the Machine, Rihanna, Bruno Mars, Olly Murs (who?), Ed Sheeran, Noel Gallagher, and Blur. Well I am pretty SURE Rihanna was lip-syncing, but whatever. You can see the acts here:

Brit Awards - Which Performance Sucked The Least


Look at me doing the Jill pose.

Coldplay and pyrotechnics.

No Light - my favorite song Florence. How did you know?

Coolness, even from our nose-bleed seats.

Adele!!!!!!!!!

Rihanna.

These peeps also have a weird obsession with Ed Sheeran that I just don't understand. OMG and Rihanna is like a goddess here, much bigger than in the U.S. She is everywhere. It is funny though, the popular songs here aren't necessarily the popular ones in the U.S. - as demonstrated by Snow Patrol at the concert we went to last week. The whole audience would sing along with songs that I had NEVER heard before.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE FLORENCE WELCH - let me make that clear. She is amazing. As we got home, I was inspired to see if we could get tickets for her current tour. Not so much...... But even better, the next morning we discovered they were starting sales for Snow Patrol/Florence and the Machine in DUBLIN in July. We got two tickets, hell yeah!

No comments: