Thursday, February 2, 2012

Illinois in January - Don't Do It

Well it was cold, and cold.

Visiting a small town in the Midwest in January can be an exercise in frustration if you are someone like me - who cannot sit still for 5 freaking minutes. Maybe I need Valium for my next visit, or maybe I should just drink more. It was too cold to run for a few of the days I was there, furthering my can't-sit-stillness. The local pool has ridiculously limited hours, no wonder no one works out. I woke up at 6:15 to get in a swim one day - and promptly went home and got back in bed......

We did make it to the Grundy County Museum and Echo Lanes for a little bowling (it was the girls high school area championships, we would have taken photos but Dave is already sort of pervy so taking pictures of high school girls is probably not a good idea). We also saw Descendants with my momma. Oh man, I am going to Hawaii for at least 3 months when I get back from this Euro adventure.


Overall it was great to see the fam and my sweet little niece. I got to walk my sister's doggies to, but man it was stinking cold.

So back to the Bay Area, 60+ degree weather, lots of hiking and running, and friends. Not too bad, but I am feeling the need to plan the next trip. Bologna, Prague, Innsbruck (more skiing), and Brussels are all on the short list.

2 comments:

FinnyKnits said...

I love that Dave is so pervy that you feel self conscious taking photos. Hilarious. And welcome back to warm weather.

Kait Riordan said...

Well, that's a little snooty..