Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Lola - My Love

My darling, sweet Lola got adopted this weekend!!!!!

I arrived at Battersea this morning, walked over to her kennel first thing (as I normally do), and it was empty. I was elated! That poor girl has been at Battersea since March and it showed. She un-house-trained herself and was a pretty stressed little dog. Apparently, she was adopted by a family that already has a male Beagle, so they know what they are in for with Lola. Beagles are cute little criminals. I wouldn't advise many people to pick that breed as a pet unless you have an iron will and child-proof locks on your cupboards and trash can.

I really wish I could have said goodbye. I will miss her LOUD howling at me because I wouldn't let her pull on her leash (that is standard at Battersea, all dogs are trained to walk calmly on the leash, no pulling), which irritated stubborn Lola to no end. It reminds me of my sister Meghan a little - ha ha.

This weekend our friends K.R., H.R., and their little girl C.R. came to visit from the Bay Area, and we spend some time with them. The weather finally improved today and it was gorgeous. I hope maybe "summer" is finally here, well..... "summer" by English standards - meaning sunny and warmer than 65 degrees.

We don't let him around children normally.

No comments: