Thursday, December 6, 2012

The Things You Notice

It is true what they way about travel, it makes you appreciate your own backyard.

I am back in SF - and it is nice to be here. The weather has been relatively warm, at least compared to London. I have been running along the eucalyptus/pine smelling tails around Stanford, and going to Yoga again. It's just comfortable.


A few things I have noticed:

  • There are a lot of cars, and a lot of traffic. It took me 90 minutes to get from Palo Alto to Los Gatos the other night, wtf.
  • People are very picky about what they eat (no gluten, local only, no soy, no nitrates, no dairy, no meat, nothing with a face, no carbs, no yeast, etc.). I can't keep it all straight. This is probably just a Bay Area thing though.
  • I really miss Mexican food. I don't think there is a single pinto bean or tomatillo in all of the UK. And the Brits think that ketchup is spicy......
  • Americans are really, really friendly. I have talked to more people at Yoga Source in 2 days of yoga than I have in London in 18 months of yoga. LOVE.
  • There is a lot of TV, always on and in every room. The Brits don't seem to watch the same amount, nor do they generally have TVs in bedrooms or kitchens and such. I never really thought about that before.
  • The green Bay Area hills are so beautiful. I really took the topography for granted. I can't wait to be back on my bike out there riding.

Anyway, what I am saying is that it is nice to be "home" and I am really looking forward to our spring return to friends, warmer temperatures, triathlon, and Sammy.


2 comments:

FinnyKnits said...

So glad that this was (mostly) a list of good things rather than Oh My God I Never Realized What A Shit Hole This Place Is things.

We are looking forward to your triumphant return, too.

Anonymous said...

This does not mean equities will take off, but it probably means that companies struggling to refinance loan and bond packages are going to attract more demand. [url=http://www.ukdresshop.co.uk]A Line Wedding Dresses[/url]
[url=http://www.canadagoosehommes.com]canada goose jackets[/url] they are both very happy 7 10 year old kids that still love me as their mum no matter what.
Costume jewelry is perfectly acceptable so long as it doesn't look cheap. [url=http://www.londongenuinepandora.com]pandora Sale[/url] so we just purchased all 30 in one lot. Why am I rambling? Side effect of the jetlag, I think. The boots may feel slightly tight until you break them in with ordinary walks.
Regardless of the type of game you are interested in, you will find many that have online capabilities. [url=http://www.soldesgoosefr.com]Canada Goose Chilliwack Bomber[/url] This project had been in development hell at Imagine Entertainment for a long time, dating back at least as long ago as 1992 (and possibly many years before this).
By clicking on it you might buy a voucher from the company, which works together with different brands offering time limited discount vouchers for a lot of companies and products. Without changing a dress lots of magic can happen to you. Here is an ice-hardened, stainless-steel blade designed to hold its edge for a long time, coupled with an ergonomically-designed polypropylene handle for comfortable use. [url=http://www.promkleidde.com/]Organza Prom Kleid[/url]