Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Rain

Just a quick update today. We did Sugarloaf, it was nice but it has been colder and overcast with some showers for the last two days. This has put a bit of a damper on our trip and made some tempers fly. We are working through this with regular doses of beers and fruity drinks.

Since the weather outside is crappy we've turned our attention inside. The last two nights we have had incredible dinners. One was a French place, foi gras and lamb. Last night we went to the ultimate sea food place and had champaign, fish carpaccio, sea food bisque, fish, lobster, squid, shrimp etc all topped of with a fine white wine and of course port and coffee for dessert.

Still trying to plan our next stop since we have two un-planned days is you have any fantasic ideas....STEVE!

I still love Rio however. A few dips in the roof top pool and beach walks are keeping me happy.

Dave

2 comments:

JamesWalterParker said...

Sorry about the rain but it can't be all perfect. Its been mother f'er cold here. Snowed at my place last night and the California citrus crop was decimated. Enjoy the Brazilian oranges, you'll be eating them here for the next year as well! Hey, I have another oak barrel for the cellar, just gotta go pick it up in Oaktown. I WANT MY GAUCHO PICTURE!!!

Erin said...

Sorry to have not posted recently. I was in Vegas for a bachelorette over the long weekend. It totally made me miss you two! We need to do another crazy Vegas trip sometime. We aren't too old and boring for that, are we?

Anyway, Rio sounds awesome. I'm glad you are enjoying lots of good food and wine-- staying in to eat is the upside of all that rain, right? Amie- I hope your bug bites and sunburn are healing. Enjoy yourselves!! :-)