Monday, August 1, 2011

First Real Friends

We had a lovely Saturday night with our first official British friends John and Marissa (well Marissa is originally from Boston but we'll overlook that since she is developing a proper accent after 5 years of living here in London). They invited us out to dinner at a steak house.......and three bottles of wine later, we were all besties. After dinner, we ended up in the SOHO area for bar hopping at The Tree Greyhounds (picture next door there), Waxys, etc.

Sunday involved recovering and housewares shopping, gasp and swoon. Though we made a stop at Wright Brothers SOHO Oyster House to aid in our recovery and break up the fun day of looking at rugs and bathroom trash cans. That is some good stuff, the oysters I mean.

Tomorrow we start the move into our permanent flat. It is tiny and dark, much like our college apartment. I am hoping to get some nice color in there to brighten up the place, Dave wanted to get a beige rug - barf. We'll see how it goes. Since we will only be there for 2 years, I am hoping to be a bit unconventional with color and furnishings. Though, this will trouble Dave - after all the guy that has been wearing the exact same thing for the last 15 years, much like a Smurf.

I joined the Serpentine Running Club and I am hoping to do my first trail run with the group on Saturday on the South Downs Way trail - and make some new friends. I am a little nervous but that is how I felt when I joined SVTC all those years ago - when I met RC, WG, and TL at my first meeting. And now look -- I have the best, most beautiful, interesting, active, lifelong friends. I miss you all terribly, by the way.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Dave is smurfed

Flying Monkey said...

For the record the beige rug was dope. Super shag that anyone would want to fuck on. It didn't come in any other colors.

Two. I picked a back up technicolor dream rug we will be getting.

Three - when you get it right the first time, why change.

Dressing is easy as a smurf.

Jeff said...

Amie, you look hot next to all the butts on the ground.